2019 Fitness Benefit
Our exclusive fitness benefit helps you get and stay trim and full of energy no matter which of our Medicare plans you choose. You have the option to enroll at a participating fitness center or to receive a Home Fitness Kit if you would rather exercise in the comfort of your home.
We give you a wide selection of fitness centers including most YMCAs in our service area. All centers offer free and machine weights, cardio equipment, and fitness and exercise classes. Many also have pools, playing fields and athletic courts.
Here’s how to enroll and how the fitness center benefit works:
- Visit any participating fitness center and present your Health Partners Medicare ID card.
- Sign an agreement form during your first visit that says you will follow the rules and regulations of the center.
- Health Partners Medicare will cover your fitness membership for the remainder of the calendar year.
- Once you choose a fitness center, you must stay with that site for the rest of the calendar year. However, if you join one of the Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCAs, you can visit any of their locations.
- There is no payment required except for classes or activities not included in your center’s membership fee.
Home Fitness Kit
We offer a Home Fitness Kit option for members who want to work out at home. Each kit is customized with different tools for an active workout. By choosing a Home Fitness Kit, you waive the option of enrolling at a fitness center for the rest of the year.
To get yours, call us at 1-866-901-8000 (TTY 711) and choose from one of these three kits:
- Stretching and Flexibility
- Cardio and Walking
Be sure to read the instructions in the kit and follow them as you exercise.
To learn more, reference the videos below to make the most out of your kit or subscribe to our YouTube channel for more fitness videos.
Home Fitness Kit: Stretching and Flexibility
Home Fitness Kit: Strength
Home Fitness Kit: Cardio and Walking