2017 Fitness and Weight Watchers Benefits
Our exclusive fitness center and Weight Watchers benefits help you stay trim and full of energy no matter which of our Medicare plans you choose.
We give you a wide selection of fitness centers including most YMCAs in our service area. All centers offer free weights and machine weights, cardio equipment, and fitness and exercise classes. Many also have swimming facilities, playing fields and athletic courts.
Here’s how our fitness benefit works:
- Present your Health Partners Medicare ID card at any participating fitness center.
- Sign an agreement form during your first visit that says you will follow the rules and regulations of the center.
- Health Partners Medicare will cover your fitness membership for the remainder of the calendar year.
- Once you choose a fitness center, you must stay with that site for the rest of the calendar year. However, if you join one of the Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCAs, you can visit any of their locations.
- There is no payment required, except for classes or activities not included in your center’s membership fee.
Health Partners Medicare can help you lose weight with Weight Watchers for only $2 a meeting.
You must be a member of one of our plans and must be at least 5 pounds overweight to access the Weight Watchers benefit.
Here’s how to get started:
- Call us at 1-866-901-8000 (TTY 711). We will pay your membership fee and send you 10 coupons to attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings.
- Take coupon #1 to a Weight Watchers meeting location of your choice, show your Health Partners Medicare member ID card and pay your $2 copay.
- Every week after that, go to the same meeting, present the proper coupon and pay your copay. You must also present your coupon and pay $2 for any weeks you missed.
- To continue to qualify for the benefit, you must lose at least one pound a month and continue to be a plan member. As long as you do, we will continue to send you more coupons for each new 10-week benefit period.
In addition to meeting Health Partners Medicare program requirements, you must follow Weight Watchers rules. This benefit does not cover meetings attended online. Our Weight Watchers benefit will no longer be available in 2018.
To find a meeting location near you, go to “Find a Meeting” at www.wwphl.com or call us at 1-866-901-8000 (TTY 711).
If you live in Lehigh or Northampton counties, call 1-800-322-8446 or visit www.weightwatchersepa.com.