Over-the-Counter (OTC) Coverage
Health Partners Medicare members enjoy a generous allowance for over-the-counter (OTC) health items.
- Special: $300 per quarter
- Prime: $150 per quarter
- Complete: $150 per quarter
If you do not use the full amount each quarter, no problem! Any unused dollars will roll over into the next quarter. All OTC dollars must be used by Dec. 31, 2021.
Click here to open the catalog with available OTC items available for purchase. To request a printed copy, please call Member Relations anytime at 1-866-901-8000 (TTY 1-877-454-8477).
Buying OTC Items
You can shop for approved OTC items at a variety of stores, including large retailers and independent pharmacies. You can use your OTC benefit at these retailers:
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Rite Aid
When you check out, just swipe your OTC and Wellness Rewards card as credit for payment. All eligible purchases will be automatically deducted from your over-the-counter allowance. You do not need a prescription for OTC items.
You can also shop for eligible items online or by phone.
Phone: 1-833-746-7682 (TTY 711)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Please keep your card. We will load your OTC allowance each quarter to the same card. You must use the entire dollar balance on the OTC card by Dec. 31, 2021.
- Pricing and availability of items may vary by retailer.
- Your OTC allowance will be automatically loaded onto your card on the first day of the quarter (Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1). Any unused amount will roll over to the next quarter. You must spend any remaining OTC allowance by Dec. 31, 2021.
- The OTC allowance and Wellness Rewards dollars are separate and distinct. The OTC allowance cannot be used to purchase Wellness Rewards items and Wellness Rewards dollars cannot purchase OTC items.