Over-the-Counter (OTC) Coverage
Coming in 2023! You'll have access to an enhanced new online portal to manage your OTC benefit.
Starting on January 1, 2023, you can create a new account at MyBenefitsCenter.com.
MyBenefitsCenter.com has all your benefits in one easy place:
- View your available OTC balance
- Find preferred retailers or shop online
- Search covered items
- View transaction history
- Link your OTC card to this account
- Download the app to scan items in store
Health Partners Medicare members enjoy a generous allowance for over-the-counter (OTC) health items.
- Special: $305 per quarter
- Prime: $160 per quarter
- Complete: $150 per quarter
- Silver: $60 per quarter
- Platinum: $60 per quarter
Buying OTC Items
You can use your OTC allowance on a wide variety of products. Health Partners Medicare has developed catalogs to help you spend your OTC allowance.
- OTC Catalog for Prime, Complete, Silver and Platinum members (Click to open PDF)
- OTC Catalog for Special plan members (Click to open PDF)
You can shop for approved OTC items at many stores, including large retailers and independent pharmacies. You can use your OTC benefit at these retailers:
When you check out, just swipe your OTC and Wellness Rewards card as credit for payment. All eligible purchases will be automatically deducted from your over-the-counter allowance. You do not need a prescription for OTC items.
You can also shop for eligible items online or by phone.
Phone: 1-855-858-5937 (TTY 711)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
To request a printed copy of the OTC catalog, please call Member Relations at 1-866-901-8000 (TTY 1-877-454-8477). From October 1 to March 31, we’re available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week. And from April 1 to September 30, we’re available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Please keep your card. We will load your OTC allowance each quarter to the same card. You must use the entire dollar balance on the OTC card by Dec. 31, 2023.
- Pricing and availability of items may vary by retailer.
- Your OTC allowance will be automatically loaded onto your card on the first day of the quarter (Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1). Unused amounts will not roll over to the next quarter. You must spend any remaining OTC allowance by the end of each quarter.
- The OTC allowance and Wellness Rewards dollars are separate and distinct. The OTC allowance cannot be used to purchase Wellness Rewards items and Wellness Rewards dollars cannot purchase OTC items.
- To check your OTC balance, call 1-888-682-2400 (TTY 711).